Monday, January 9, 2012

Do I have aspergers syndrome?

a couple of my friends suggested it not long ago, and although everyone has always commented on my weirdness and how im distant, i never really thought about it before. im 18 years old and ive always known im different from most people in some way or another. im not shy, but i will no doubt sometimes appear socially awkward, as ive always struggled to keep eye contact my entire life, often fidget and become irritable, although my social life is not a huge problem - i have many friends, (although very few close friends) who i go out to meet regularly (i always have to be mentally prepared before i have to meet anyone) but have faced instances of 'light' bullying and small amounts of ridicule through my life. although i have a small number of female friends, i am hopeless with girls, never had a girlfriend, never had any intimate experience, and they usually think im weird and will either ignore me or put me in the 'friendzone'. i dont smile much, dont show a lot of emotion, never use body language and often have trouble knowing how to act in public places when by myself. i find it hard to empathise with people. never been very good at sport, especially teamgames, although i would not say that i have bad hand-eye coordination. i go out, drink, smoke cannabis very regularly as it chills me out and helps me sleep. i focus most of my free time on music production, and general computer use, and not a lot else, which goes hand in hand with the music course i am currently taking at college. dont think theres anything else to mention apart from finding it hard to sleep at night due to super fast thoughts, mostly negative thoughts. feel down most of the time, and have suffered from anxiety for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment