Monday, January 9, 2012

What does it mean when someone refers to you as "something to consume"?

I just started a new job so quite a few people at work still do not know me. Then the other day when I was on my lunch break, I heard two people talking about me. I was sitting down and had my back to them, but I knew they were referring to me because we were the other three people in the room. One of them asked the other, "who is that?" and the other answered loudly with "THAT, is something you consume". What the hell? I didn't like the tone of that, so I swerved around in my chair to face them, they were surprised that I turned around but when I made eye contact with them they immediately broke into a fit of laughter, one of them exclaiming "oh and NOW he notices". They then proceeded to ignore me and switched to some other mindless chatter of their own. What could they have meant by their comments, should I be offended by them, and what is the take home message I should be getting here?

No comments:

Post a Comment