Sunday, January 8, 2012

What would be the best route of education for a school psychologist?

Within the next year I will be starting my BA program in Psychology at SJSU. My career goal is to be a school psychologist at the elementary level, and I will most likely need more than a bachelors. So I was curious as to how masters,phys.d's, and Ph.d's worked. Do you have to get your masters and then move on to either your PhD or PhysD? Or can you choose to either get your masters or your PhD? With that confusion out of the way, what would be more beneficial to aim for, my masters or PhysD taking into consideration the time I will need to spend on each and the benefits of the degrees in regards to my career choice. I have a 15 month old son and would like to be situated in a career rather than just a few part time jobs ASAP, but I am willing to continue my education if the benefits outweigh the negative consequences on my family life. Also, I am 17 and a sophmore in college so if I were to complete either of these degrees, how old will I be when I am finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment