Saturday, January 7, 2012

Scanning slides?

I've been playing around with scanning slides, and one thing I learned was that if I scan with the door closed, the pic doesn't come out. If I put a sheet of white paper behind the slides, it looks okay, but kind of hazy, like it picks up the fiber of the paper. For internet it's okay but not as good as it could be. I want to know if glossy or a really white laminated sheet would be something worth trying out, or if anyone has other suggestions. I saw the website where they used a fluorescent light and a Tupperware cover as a diffuser, but I'm figuring out if there's a type of paper (wax paper?) or background that would work just as well. I do know that whatever goes behind the slide needs to be lit, I could buy a slide scanner but with what I've done so far they're not bad, so I'm going the creative route and explore possible options of low tech ways to backlight the slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment