Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How Do I Motivate my 20 yo Daughter?

My daughter is 20. She has been working at the same job (a grocery store) for over 3 years (actually her first job). That isnt the issue, the issue is we moved north about 45 miles (she still lives at home) and she continues to drive to that job. I've nagged, talked, pleaded with her to get another job closer to home. She is a good kid, not a loser, just doesnt have any ambition (or maybe is scared) to move out of her comfort zone. She does help me out w/rent, taking care of her siblings, etc. She is planning on going to Cosmetology Sch in the Fall and had been going to Community College. I just dont know what it will take to motivate her. Maybe her car breaking down? Am I being too overbearing? I just dont understand why she doesnt have the common sense to see how dumb it is to drive 90 miles roundtrip for a $7.50/hr. job. Its like asking her to perform some illegal task to go fill out an application somewhere. Is it fear? Or laziness? I just don't know & I will not baby her.

No comments:

Post a Comment